SLV: GIRLS 2024-2027 NMWS RULES
Girls Divisions will utilize NFHS Lacrosse rules with the following exceptions/clarifications;
1. Eligibility: It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that all players meet age eligibility requirements for the division in which they participate, as published on the tournament website and Terms & Conditions.
2. Timing: All games will consist of two (2) 23-minute running time halves with a five-minute half-time. The clock will stop in the last minute of each half, unless there is a 5+ goal differential, in which case running time will continue. Penalty time will also be running time. Yellow cards are non-releasable 1-minute fouls. Any player receiving (2) yellow cards in one game will be removed from that game. A player receiving a red card will serve a 2-minute, non-releasable penalty, will be removed from that game, and potentially their next game. *Note – game duration and halftime may be shortened by the mutual agreement of participating teams. Also, at the discretion of the tournament organizers, game times may be shortened due to inclement weather, or to keep the tournament on schedule.
3. Overtime: Sudden victory overtime will follow the completion of a tied game after a 3-minute break; sudden victory periods will be 3 minutes of running time.
4. Delay of Game: Teams may be assessed a delay of game penalty if not ready to begin play at the scheduled time; games may be shortened at the discretion of the organizers to keep game times on schedule.
5. Weather Delay: If a weather-related evacuation occurs during the 1st half, teams will return to play the 2nd half of the game, weather permitting. If the evacuation occurs during the second half, the game MAY pick-up where it left off (weather permitting), OR the game MAY be terminated, and the score recorded as is. If the score differential is equal to or greater than 6, regardless of time remaining, the game may be terminated.
6. Tie Breaks & Re-Seeds: Refer to the SLV Tournament Tie-Break Formula for all divisions
7. Timeouts: Each team will be permitted one (1) 1-minute timeout per half, which may be called by the team in possession any place on the field. Timeouts may be called by either team during a dead ball situation. The game clock will be stopped during timeouts. There are NO timeouts allowed in overtime periods.
8. Alternating Possession: In the event of alternate possession, the first team listed on the scoresheet is given first possession.
9. Goalie Equipment: Goalies are encouraged to wear thigh pads and shin guards; no penalty will be assessed if they chose not to.
10. Expulsion, Ejection, or Fighting: To the discretion of officials and/or tournament directors, any participant (player, coach, team official, or spectator) who is ejected during tournament play, on or off the playing field, may be subject to a one or more game suspension, up to automatic disqualification from the tournament. Any player or coach called for verbal abuse will serve a one-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Continued abuse will result in ejection from the contest, and potentially the tournament.
12. Summit Society: All teams, coaches, players, parents and team officials must adhere to the Summit Lacrosse Society. No profanity or unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated. Offending team(s) may be disqualified.
SLV TOURNAMENT TIE-BREAK FORMULA: ALL DIVISIONS
In reseeding teams or in any other tie-break situation, the following tournament tie-breaker will be utilized:
NOTE: After each level of criteria is utilized, the tie-break resets. Example: If there is a 3-way tie, and one team secures a seed/slot based on goals against, the tie-break resets to head-to-head for the next seed/slot if relevant.
In reseeding teams for the playoff rounds, the tournament will try to avoid duplicate games between teams unless the game is still in the divisional championship stream. For consolation games, staff will look to schedule opponents based on whether or not they have already played.