2022 RMLJ GIRLS DIVISION RULES
Girls 4TH – 8TH grade divisions (10U – 15U) will abide by USA Lacrosse (USAL) / Girls High School divisions will abide by NFHS rules; all divisions will abide by the applicable modifications to follow, which may be different from Spring Season rule sets:
- Eligibility: It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that all players meet age & competitive eligibility requirements for the division in which they participate, as published on the tournament website and Terms & Conditions. RMLJ makes every effort to facilitate and promote fair and safe competition.
- Competitive Format:
- 4th Grade (10u): divisions will play 8v8 (7 players + GK), to include offsides, on a modified field. Draws will start each half and after each goal. Players must hold on the 8M arc until possession is established.
- 5th grade & Up (11u – HS): Full field play. Draws at start of each half & after goals & players must hold on the restraining line until possession is established. No Mercy rule.
- Timing: All games will consist of two (2) 23-minute running time halves with a five-minute halftime. The clock will stop in the last minute of each half, unless there is a 10-goal differential, in which case running time will continue. Officials may stop time at their discretion.
- Overtime: Sudden victory overtime will follow the completion of a tied game after a 3-minute break; sudden victory periods will be 3 minutes of running time until a goal is scored, and a winner determined. No timeouts are allowed in Overtime.
- Delay of Game: Teams may be assessed a delay of game penalty if not ready to begin play at the scheduled time; games may be shortened at the discretion of the organizers to keep game times on schedule.
- Weather Delay: If a weather-related evacuation occurs during the 1st half, teams will return to play the 2nd half of the game, weather permitting. If the evacuation occurs during the second half, the game MAY pick-up where it left off (weather permitting), OR the game MAY be terminated, and the score recorded as is. If the score differential is equal to or greater than 6, regardless of time remaining, the game may be terminated.
- Tie Breaks & Re-Seeds: Refer to the SLV Tournament Tie-Break Formula for all divisions
- Timeouts: Each team will be permitted one (1) 1-minute timeout per half, which may be called by the team in possession any place on the field. Timeouts may be called by either team during a dead ball situation. The game clock will be stopped during timeouts. NO timeouts are allowed in overtime periods.
- Alternating Possession: In the event of alternate possession, discretion is left to game official(s).
- Stick-checking: 4th - 6th (U10 – U12) will play by modified checking; 7TH & 8TH (13-15u) will play by transitional checking.
- Cards will be handled as follows:
- 4th Grade (10U): Yellow: Offending player leaves field for 2 minutes. Red: Offending player leaves for 4 minutes. Team does not play short, but provide a sub.
- 5th & Up: Yellow: player leaves field for 2 mins; Red: 4 mins. Team plays short. At the HS level, Red is a game misconduct, and can potentially result in the playing missing the next game.
- Expulsion, Ejection, or Fighting: Any player or coach called for verbal abuse will serve a one-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Continued abuse will result in ejection from the contest, and potentially the tournament. Any player who commits a foul deemed worthy of expulsion by game officials will sit out the remainder of the contest. To the discretion of officials and/or tournament directors, any participant (player, coach, team official, or spectator) who is ejected during tournament play, on or off the field, may be subject to a one or more game suspension, up to automatic disqualification, removal from the tournament, and a future ban on participating. Ejection & expulsion may warrant removal from the tournament venue if deemed appropriate by tournament officials & directors. All officials & directors decisions are final.
- Summit Society & Lacrosse Outreach Foundation Expectations of Conduct: All teams, coaches, players, parents and team officials must adhere to the Summit Lacrosse Society and RMLJ Code of Conduct. No profanity or unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated. Offending team(s) may be disqualified.